Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waste Not and Scrappy Mountains


Finally a complete picture of Scrappy Mountains, bound and labeled.  I really love this one.  I think it is the movement and rhythm of the pattern and color that appeal to me.  This pattern goes together so quickly and is dramatic too.  It is definitely a keeper and I will make it again, probably in florals...what else!


The second photo is Waste Not....just lots of leftover squares made up into a split 9 patch pattern.  I sorted the squares into lights and darks only.  I will use the medium values in another one.  The lights come together to form the cross pattern.  There are so many layouts using the split 9 patch that I could stay busy just making them for a year. 
This will go to Habitat for Humanity this year.
I am so glad to have my big computer back up and running again. Russ spent 2 days at the computer shop troubleshooting it.  Problem found:  automatic update for Windows blocked the re-boot.   At least all is safe and  I can get everything backed up again. 
Our Art Quilt group meets tomorrow to get started on the workbook and projects and I have a thread painting class to get caught up on.   So, time to get busy.  Happy stitching.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...