Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Irish Landscape class

This is from the on-line class for the Irish landscape....only I did a view from the Blue Ridge Parkway.  A very easy way to create a landscape, just by using strips, a lot of stitches, and some yarn/fibers.  Selecting the right color and value took all the time.  The strips are sewn to a foundation and then stitched some more. 
I have been down with a stomach virus and didn't get much done yesterday.  I picked out the border fabric  this morning and hope to get it added today.  The border is added in a different way--as a whole piece rather than in strips.  Will see how I like doing  borders that way.  It could be a good way to finish off the art quilts.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the hills fade into the distance and using yarn fibres is a neat way to add shape. I'll be interested in seeing how you do the borders. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...