Monday, April 26, 2010

Art Quilt Workbook day.....This month is collage.  When the group met last week, we pulled all types of trims and pieces out of a bag I had from Deana.  A really ugly green sheer ribbon spoke to me.  I think it was saying, "You would never use me, or make me beautiful."   Ha, Ha!  I did use it for my second exercise.  Fooled me!  The small  focus fabric has a frog and iris  on it and tiny script around it.  One phrase caught my eye.....So this  is called "Take the Leap".   I plan on adding beads or buttons down the left of the darker fabric....it needs something else.  On to the theme project.
I am using the photo of Knaresborough Bridge --a do over--for my theme project.   I am not sure if this is the placement I will use or not, so I will live with it for a few days to be sure.  Two sides of the photo are finished off and will be stitched down, and the other 2 sides will be frayed and top stitched down.  I wanted to show that the original pen and ink was torn out of a sketchbook, passed along  in the family, and finally framed to hang in my dining room.  The large piece of fabric for the background is a tone on tone print with a swirl design (it doesn't show well in the photo).  I like the movement, as it represents the water and should show quilting really well.
Ok, enough for today.  Off to get the room cleaned up.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the progress on the bridge piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting looking projects you've got going there.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...