Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday= art quilt project

I have been wanting to try the curved piecing and that is part of this month's Art Quilt Workbook---innovative piecing.  So I drew off the moose and pulled out the fabrics for the background.  I chose 2 blue fabrics for the background, and a blue-green for the ground.  I couldn't have the moose walking in air!  First exercise is using curved piecing.  With the curved piecing method described in the book, you can end up with 2 blocks with the opposite color placement.  This is the one I liked best because the light seems to shining on him.  He will eventually become part of a Alaska travel quilt.  I absolutely love him....our purple moose.
I have an idea for the other exercise that uses insert strips, so that will be next week's project.  But for the theme project, I am at a loss right now as to what I will use.  Hope inspiration hits soon. 
InsightCurved piecing---gentle curves--are not hard to do.  And I can draw a moose!
Happy Stitching...

3 comments:

Elin said...

Good choice to put the moose on the ground and not walking in the air. On the other hand, a moose that could walk on air ... awesome.

Carol said...

I like it.

MJ said...

My husband and I were looking for a moose design to quilt for our motorhome. Found yours. Finished yesterday. Aside from my quilting workmanship skills, (2nd attempt) the quilt is perfect! We especially like the simplicity - 3 colors, and boldness of Mr. Moose. I engaged my Brother Innovis 80 sewing machine to do the quilting.
Thank you so much for sharing. MJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...