Saturday, October 9, 2010

Using leftover strips

A little more de-stashing was required to put these leftovers block pieces and strips to good use.  I had a request for a quilt for Jinny's Rainbow, which is a project that makes  lap quilt for  cancer patients.
 I had a stack of leftover cuts from the pastel quilt I put together for our guild President this year.  I found just enough of the light green to sash the long rows together to get enough width.  By sashing the long rows, I hope it isn't too obvious that each leftover set is a different length.  I pieced several leftover binding strips to finish it off.   I keep all the leftovers from bindings in a big baggie...just in case I have a project like this.  The batting is pieced also.....using the fusible tricot strip.  It worked like a dream.  Garden of Hope is very scrappy and ended up 37 inches by 60 inches. 

3 comments:

  1. Debbie, Very good use for scraps.I love the colors you used. I have so many, I probably should try one too, I have left overs from a basket weave I did last spring. But they are darker colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out just gorgeous, didn't it!? I've never done a scrappy binding, but they always look so cool! I like your name for the quilt --perfect for the fabric and the cause!
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors, Debbie. How do you join batting using fusible tricot?

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...