Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fabric arrived....


  Thank you, Deana and Trey,  for my Mother's Day fabric....it arrived and is washed and rolled onto mini bolts.  The one on the right is a backing piece, and no plans--yet--for the others. 
    I cut  some pieces for the border on the batik quilt and put a few up to see how it would look.  Just from this corner section, I can see that this is a better plan.  (Thanks, Wanda, for your input on this.)   By using the medium and dark values in the mixed border, I keep the "light source" in the center of the quilt. And it will blend with the quilt and not compete with all that is going on in the center.    Size---I managed to get 6 inch wide pieces.  Yea!  I like that proportion; the border will be 2/3's the size of one block.   I hate to have  skimpy borders, and I think this one is going to work. 
 
  We are heading out of town for a few days.  We put off one trip because of weather, so rain and cooler temps it will be.  Actually, it sounds great just for a change of scenery. 

Happy stitching.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...