Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Face lift!

I decided to tackle the UFO from last September that I was "gifted" with....remember this?   The Scarlet Pimpernel had taken a workshop for an under the sea scene with hand painted fabric and  lots of fusing.  She hated it and gifted me with it to finish. 
   So 9 months later, I looked at it.  The colors are beautiful, but the layout of the stuff...well, how do I put this nicely?  Yuck, maybe?   Ok, it wasn't going back to the design wall, so the choice was trash can or face lift.  I began to remove the little mushroom things at the bottom.  Then the woven weed looking thing came off, too.  I left on one of the little jelly fish at the top, and re-arranged the elements I would keep.  .
 

 Next I added a bunch of things from my stash
Rocks, a few fish, some corals, couched cording, and a couple of thread painted things....I call it a face lift.  Now the colors pop, and  there is an overall balance.  I'll get it bound and ready to return to SP at guild meeting next month.  Won't she be surprised!

Insight:  Give a UFO a face lift, or  a re-do.  If it is still not what you want, give it away or find the trash can.   Just don't stick in in the closet!
   I am still getting emails about the String Me Along quilt.  It is up on the wall and is not going anywhere.  And yes, I will do a table runner soon and provide measurements and details.  So glad everyone enjoyed it.

Happy stitching.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love how you gave this a face lift ,and yes the colors pop and looks more realistic! Great job .
I love to work with fish and the sea. I also paint them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...