Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Design wall time

  I got the blocks up on the design and realized in a very senior moment that I mis-counted.  I am 4 blocks short!   That's OK, I have lots more strips to work with.   So this is what I have so far.     The top and bottom will have a row of the extra pinwheels added to get the length I want for this one.
 
  Hand sewing is just not my thing any more.  So it took a couple of evenings to get the sleeves and labels on the wall hangings.  .
  I  also want to get a bed runner put together  for the  Free Motion Quilting Challenge.    I  wanted  a good  way to put a lot of different quilting motifs in one item.   And that means it needs to be fairly plain and simple for the stitching to show well.
  So off to the sewing room.....I may not come up for air till the 4 blocks are finished.
Happy stitching.  

3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

LOVE the scrappy quilt, Debbie.

Janet O. said...

Beautifully scrappy pinwheel quilt, Debbie. I'm not really into the hand sewing side of things either. Maybe that is why I am so slow at binding! : )

Impera Magna said...

The scrappy strip quilt is very cool.... me likey a lot!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...