Click over to Show and tell at the Quilting Gallery . The theme is challenge quilts. I am sharing this one called Turning 60 from a few years ago. Oops, I just hinted at my age...oh, well. It's a favorite of mine and overloaded with words of affirmation and memories written along the vines and leaves.
And on the sewing front.....
I'm cutting, and cutting, and cutting. Sir Old Man finally took pity on me late this afternoon and rigged up a support in the sewing table hole. It will allow me to use the mechanical machine in the sewing room until the 6600 comes home. There's isn't too much he can't do once he puts his mind to it!
What I have ready to sew:
1. The borders for the Easy Street mystery quilt. This thing needs a name.
2. Strips for 9 patch units for my guild challenge.
3. Panels for applique for the guild challenge.....and a small shoe box of applique pieces for the panels. (Boy, is this one going to take a while to applique, but it should be fun because it is whimsical.)
4. Background pieces, border pieces, and appliques for a mini.....for the Hugs & Kisses blog hop in Feb......check out the button on the sidebar. Yep, I caved again, and took the leap and entered into this one. It's just a mini, and I can do it in a couple of afternoons, so I'm not breaking my word / rule!
5. And one backing for top in waiting. Just 2 large pieces to join, and it is ready to pin for quilting.
Tomorrow I'm making lasagna. I usually do a couple of large pans and freeze in dinner size portions once it is done. That way I can count on an easy meal when I have been on a sewing binge and I'm too tired to cook. Have a great weekend....happy stitching.