Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Finds #5

    Need info on cleaning or maintaining your Featherweight?  Looking for a part for it?  This is the place to visit........Nova's Featherweights  

   Bonnie hunter mentioned it recently.  A quick link and I was amazed at the amount of information to be found here.  Maintenance and trouble shooting help,  all the bits and parts, and accessories.....I will be returning to read more tips.  If you have one of these machines, check it out.


great blog about machine quilting
From Ivory Spring.wordpress

 I haven't done a lot of pinning this week, so I am sharing a couple of my favorite free motion quilting motifs.

   From Wendy at Ivory Spring, I learned to do free motion swirls.    This is one of here tutorials that she refers to as Thread Talk.   Wendy provides great drawings to demonstrate her techniques.








embellished swirly vine
From Ivory Spring. wordpress
  Another from Wendy....this is Swirly Vines.
Once you get the swirly vine done, she expands the design into a flower by adding the bumpy petals....my description, not hers  :)

   This design took me a little while to get the hang of but persistence paid off.  I use this one a lot as it fills in the space quickly.  I find that this motif can be used as a wonderful all over motif and is especially good one to use on scrappy type quilts.  Just a little variety to  add to your FMQ diet!





Sashings and Borders
From  Luannkessi.blogspot.com 


    For inspiration for a design motif, I love to visit LuAnn's blog.   She maintains a section on her blog she calls her sketchbook.  It is filled with design motifs, lessons,  and stitching instruction ----like this photo of a border motif.  She covers, leaves, vines, hearts, and feathers.  You might just get lost viewing all her design ideas.




  As always, please visit the links and pin any items from the original source rather than pinning from here.
  Thank you all for your notes and prayers this week.  They are greatly appreciated.  Life is returning to usual......and I got in some quilting yesterday.  I have a table topper/runner ready for binding.  The sounds of the machine, the steady rhythm of movement, seeing the stitches develop and create texture gave me a time of relaxation and reflection.  Which proves the adage.....fabric and thread feed my soul.  Happy stitching.

4 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Thanks for the info and the inspiration! ~Jeanne

Janet O. said...

Some great resources here, Debbie--thanks!

Lynne said...

Ah, FMQ -- my challenge beginning this coming autumn (spring for you). Thanks again for the links. Enjoy your "stitchin' therapy"!

Dana Gaffney said...

So true, no matter how hectic or stressful things are, as soon as I start to sew I find my peace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...