Thursday, May 7, 2015

Floral log cabin blocks

    All the floral log cabin blocks are now a flimsy.  At this stage it is 48" by 64".....that leaves a little room for a border without getting too large.














   I have a couple of different ideas about the border.....one is to make a few more blocks and carry the pattern into the border in a couple of places.  The problem with this idea is the size....it increases the quilt by 8" on each side.   I want to maintain the off set layout.....so I need to think on this one.

   The second idea  also extends the fabric palette into the border  using  9 patch blocks.   I have a few extra floral 9 patches in the orphan box, so I need to pull them out and play around with this idea.  

7 comments:

  1. That is JUST GORGEOUS, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! I say just play around and something wonderful will jump out at you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it look lovely now all sewn together with sunlight dappling the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like the look when you extend the quilt into the border, play away, I know you'll end up with the perfect answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you've done it! On top of the watercolor scrappy trips, I'm going to have to add a floral log cabin quilt to the list. I certainly have enough florals to do both and still hardly make a dent in the stash. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the offset layout! I am curious how you would extend the pattern with the 9-patch blocks. The idea intrigues me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - you do such beautiful work Debbie! Dana told me about you and as soon as I landed on Stitchin' Therapy your blog header knocked me for a loop!

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...