Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Let's Book It and August ends

  My Let's Book It project was a carry over from July.   I did the quilting this month.,,,,..click here to see the feather wreath post.   For a simple runner using the Hot Dish Chain pattern, it took me long enough!










 I also have a Let's Book It project from the end of June that got set aside.   Very little progress has been made as I just could not get my motivation to work on a big project.  I have tons of squares marked.....I just need to sit and sew to make some headway.









   In the meantime.....I continued with  another project for a gift.  We can class it as another Let's Book It because it is from an older article from a magazine.  I began it as a leader/ender project....here.   Here are a few of the bands of small bricks ready to be joined with white strips.

  Those are my three....and I do have the rail fence variation quilted and ready for binding.  It will get done next month.







 Oh, wait I forgot those tool rolls....LOL.....they consumed the last few days.
 
  August was busy enough with  a couple of family visits, and a trip to Michigan to see our daughter and the Dream Cruise on Woodward. And the visit to the dentist for the cracked crown happened.


 
   That means September is arriving, and I know it was just May!   One great thing about September is the return of this...Pumpkin Spice coffee from the Fresh Market.  Yum!   I pulled out a new mug rug and my favorite cup  in anticipation of my favorite evening brew.
 



I'll be enjoying a cup as I get going on my September plans.

  • Binding the rail fence variation.
  • Sewing triangles for the Birds in the Air project.
  • Continue with the leader/ender gift project.
  • De-cluttering the magazine pile....it is way to large and needs to be reduced.  I feel the need for a project using florals/watercolor/value, so I am on the hunt for ideas.  Ripping pages out of magazines is therapeutic too!
Linking with Vroomans Quilts for the Let's Book It project.  Be sure to check it out.   Happy stitching.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I always enjoy seeing your monthly recaps. The coffee sounds wonderful.

Dana Gaffney said...

It was just May, wasn't it? I've started making a few blocks between quilts to stop the tediousness of making a bunch of the same blocks over and over, it looks like your birds in the air would be good for that, soon enough you'll have them done and viola you'll have a quilt.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the Birds in the Air block - long time since I played with that one. Wonderful projects completed and in the works. I haven't even had time to look at my books and need to make that time.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Yay! Let's hear it for September! (but not for feeling the lack of motivation for large projects!) Bring on the pumpkin everything!

Janet O. said...

Love that Birds In The Air! But I can understand the struggle to get moving on it. I have had the same set of star blocks on my design wall most of the year and I can't get motivated to sash them and sew them together. How lame is that? : )
You have accomplished a lot this month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...