Thursday, February 4, 2016

Waiting on my muse

  I am in a lull.  Where did that muse of mine disappear to?    I usually hear her whispering my ear, giving me an idea, or direction to follow.  Yet, things are quiet and silent right now. So, I have not picked a new  project...large or small.  Instead I have added to my almost  daily routine.


The addictive circles continue.  Seriously, I do find them addictive like eating M and Ms, or potato chips.   I have a very eclectic mix of fabrics....some for color, some for print, some for memories.  Setting them together will be a challenge.










   Since I do a circle a day, why not add a block a day to the routine.     I only had a 3 1/2'' strip of this fabric left.  The easiest block I could come up with was a bow tie.   Now the bow tie is added to the routine.    There are a lot of design options for this block......I will just see where it takes me.






  Mainly I have been quilting those projects in waiting.  Very large,  open meandering for this Habitat quilt for our guild.  Ruth made the top, and I will just finish it up.  This one now needs binding fabric.







  Binding was added to the Birds in the Air.  Just a label to add  and then I will share its finish.


 We had oven an inch of rain yesterday.....I see robins every where in the front yard.  All those sweet worms must make a good breakfast for them.  That means spring is not far behind.   Happy stitching.  

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just need those quiet lulls to prepare for the next inspiration. I do love the circles you've shown, and yes they are wildly addictive. You can send a few of those robins north anytime now! Actually we are having a very warm winter here compared with last year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your muse returns quickly. Meanwhile, you are getting a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone who is in a lull, it looks like you have lots of things still going on. Your circles are intriguing & I love your Birds in the Air quilt. I've watched the progression on it & it turned out to be a real beauty.
    I'm in a sort of slump also. I'm finishing some burp cloths that were waiting for completion & have some mending type duties that need attention but no quilting at this time. I have 3 UFO's that need completion but just not in the mood right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is good to have that lull - then we are fresh for when inspiration smacks us in the head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, your lull keeps you sewing more on a daily basis than my muse does! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you're not pacing the house muttering "what now?". Those mini lulls are when I like to pick my next Let's Book It, nothing like following someone else's instructions to kick your creativity into gear, I know you change them up and play the "what if" game. Winter is back here, windy and in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...