Monday, December 12, 2016

December's list




    My list for December included making labels for the quilts-in-waiting---those in line for quilting.  I printed out a page of 4, another is hiding under something :)  Two of them are ready to go.  The pineapple label needs some borders added yet.












   Mug rugs on display......these are finished and some straight line quilting.  I just kept going  round and round  and back and forth.    I also had time to cut out some words for the giving on Tuesday.  I think I will have enough to send at least 3 to each name I pick.









  I have been reading and enjoying Barbara's adventures at CatPatches blog with her barm and bread making this week.  I got motivated to make a couple of loaves of sweet bread stuffed with cooked apples.     I think I had the  icing a little bit thick....thinner would be more of a glaze.








Thick or not.....it is good.  It won't hang around here very long, so I can try it again.
  I used a sweet dough mix that I got this spring.....and I use a bread machine to do the kneading and first rise to dough stage.   The apples were chopped and cooked to a softer stage with some sugar, cinnamon and corn starch for thickening before filling the dough.
   A full weekend.....and it's Monday morning by the time this post goes up.  That means I am getting ready to have the stitches out this morning.....look out world, she has hands!   Back tomorrow.....happy stitching.

14 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

Look out world indeed, look at what you've done this weekend. The mug rugs are beautiful framed in your signature gorgeous fabrics and that bread! The icing looks just right to me :) Good luck with the doctor today, I'm excited to see you getting better and better.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the labels. What do you print them on? Mug rugs look terrific. I don't do baking unless it is gluten free as my husband has celiac disease. I don't think I could ever get a bread to rise and look like yours! I did not realize you lived in Greenville- my sister lives in Inman and my daughter's in laws own Snoozer products near Greenville.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Oh..that bread looks delicious! Your labels look good too and those mug rugs are beautiful! My December list isn't done yet but I'm working on it. Good luck today - hope all goes well at the doctors. ~Jeanne

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Your mug rugs are cute, and I wish I had some of that bread.

Gene Black said...

I like the thicker icing on the bread. It reminds me of the cinnamon rolls from my childhood.
Your labels and mug rugs look great. Congrats on getting the stitches out, there will be no stopping you now.

Robby said...

Yay for stitches out! I'd also be interested to know what you printed your labels on. I have not tried printing on fabric, yet. Or is it a transfer on some special paper?

Mary said...

It makes me hungry just looking at that bread. So glad those stitches are coming out!

Debbie said...

Robby, you are a no-reply blogger. Please link your email to your google ID so you can get direct replies. I printed these labels on June Tailor sew in Fabric sheets, purchased at Joann's Fabrics. The fabric is pre-treated to accept printing from an inkjet printer. If you print on untreated fabric expect the ink to fade.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Debbie. I'm impressed by your organization!...and I appreciated your post about coincidences or the lack thereof. Very thoughtful...Wishing you a happy holiday season! best, nadia

Mystic Quilter said...

The bread looks delicious, and thank goodness for the bread machines - I love mine. Hope all went well with suture removal (Tuesday am here in NZ). Onwards and upwards for you Debbie!

Janet O. said...

You do such pretty labels!
And the mug rugs are looking good, too.

Nicki said...

So glad this was the much awaited day for the stitches to come out. Sound like great progress to me. I love your beautiful mug rugs & of course your labels are the absolute best in my book. That bread looks out of this world. I bet it would be good toasted. I love thick glaze....never can get too much "sweet" in my life. :) Don't overdo during the Christmas holidays.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

So glad you are having fun once again!! I agree your bread is mouthwatering!! Glad your recuperation is going so well.

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful labels. Something I really need to get going on, one of these days. Your bread looks wonderful too, so happy that you are feeling well enough to get back to all the things you enjoy doing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...