I found this photos of my Bow Tie blocks in my photos album from April. April? Nine months ago......let's just say before the stuff that happened.
I found the top earlier this month on a hanger, awaiting its turn under the needle. My goal for the month for this was to get it pinned and quilted. And yesterday, it got binding done too!
Bow-quet of Florals got bound yesterday. I love a finish:) I quilted it with open swirls, edge to edge.
I am not sure if I showed this label yet. I did this one a little differently. Once the word part was printed off onto treated fabric, I simply added scraps to either side. Rather than turn the edges under and hand stitch, I used muslin as a backing. I sewed around all 4 sides and then slit the muslin to turn the label right side out. Then I top stitched it onto the back.
Time to shoot a few outside photos. Please ignore my weeds.
Size is 48'' by 66'' ----perfect lap size to enjoy.
I ran across a really good, really simple color combination cheat sheet. I know I hated the color wheel lessons, too. But they are soooo important! I actually printed off the long list of color combos to keep handy. You know, in case I have a no idea in mind day and need a color scheme. Check it out.
So the count down is near, as the new year arrives. I am glad to get back to the usual routine again. Happy stitching.