Thursday, December 29, 2016

Last one of the year


 
   I found this photos of my Bow Tie blocks in my photos album from April.  April?  Nine months ago......let's just say before the stuff that happened.  
    I found the top  earlier this month on a hanger, awaiting its turn under the needle.   My goal for the month for this was to get it pinned and quilted.  And yesterday, it got binding done too!









   Bow-quet of Florals got bound yesterday.  I love a finish:)   I quilted it with open swirls, edge to edge.









   I am not sure if I showed this label yet.  I did this one a little differently.  Once the word part was printed off onto treated fabric, I simply added scraps to either side.  Rather than turn the edges under and hand stitch, I used muslin as a backing.   I sewed around all 4 sides and then slit the muslin to turn the label right side out.   Then I top stitched it onto the back.



  Time to shoot a few outside photos.  Please ignore my weeds.
 





Size is 48'' by 66'' ----perfect lap size to enjoy.











The Ultimate Color Combinations Cheat Sheet  To share:
    I ran across a really good, really simple color combination cheat sheet.     I know I hated the color wheel lessons, too. But they are soooo important!    I actually printed off the long list of color combos to keep handy.  You know, in case I have a no idea in mind day and need a color scheme.  Check it out.
  So the count down is near, as the new year arrives.  I am glad to get back to the usual routine again.  Happy stitching.   

18 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

I remember this one, it's good to see a finish and feels right going back to "before".

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I remember this one, too. A good finish for the end of the year.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love this one - it is so you with the color wash effect! So glad you surpassed your goal and got it bound too. ~Jeanne

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, it is really lovely! Such a simple design, but a powerful color study. Makes me want to make one. Great finish! My daughter bought me a display stand to hang my quilts and photograph them. Can't wait to get it out of the bag and use it. I can take it outside or use it inside. It folds up into a sack.

Siver_Angela said...

Очень красивое одеяло. Акварель как всегда безупречна.

MissPat said...

Wonderful finish. And we are all so glad to have you back. Happy New Year.

Louise said...

Pretty and classic! How nice to have a finish right at the end of the year, too. I'm hoping to get my machine set back up today so I can fit in a few stitches before this year is finally over...

Here's hoping 2017 will surprise us with good things!

Nicki said...

That's such a soft, pretty quilt. Your label is very eye-catching & lovely. I'll check out that color combination cheat sheet. Selecting colors are my hardest part about making a quilt.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish! There is something so special about the final finishing of a quilt! Thanks for posting the link to the color tutorials, great site.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I made a bow tie quilt for my inlaws, shortly after I learned how to quilt. Maybe I'll make another one, one day.

Lindah said...

Beautiful Bows. Aren't finishes great?
I'm encouraged with your progress. --Thank you, Lord!
Wishing you a wonderful 2017.

Jayne said...

One thing I love about visiting blogs is seeing blocks I totally forgot about! Like the bowtie! I sure makes for a beautiful quilt! I'm sure you are happy you finished this one!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is my first time seeing this one. It is so pretty. Thanks for sharing it with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've been thinking about making some bowties, so I loved seeing yours! It's beautiful! What size are your blocks?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on surpassing your goal and getting your quilt done-done, binding included!!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Nice finish to squeeze in; esp like the name. ;o)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A very pretty finish! It's an oldie but a goodie, in terms of patterns!

Kate said...

Congrats on a very pretty finish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...