Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Quilts for Carolina hurricane victims

California Thomas Fire Quilts | FromMyCarolinaHome.com
From my Carolina Home quilt 
   Carole at From My Carolina Home shared a post today about her hurricane project.   She has  also prepared a PDF of the split 9 patch block she will be using.   mIt's the same as those used for the California Fire quilts.  So instead of me "plaining" it all, please drop in and read her details.
 




  Quilts of Compassion are also making and collecting quilts for the Hurricane Florence victims.   Their latest posts lists a couple of shops who are helping collect quilts, as well as address for mailing quilts. 

  The news here is showing rivers are still cresting and rain is in the forecast for the next couple of days.  Some of it actually may be leftover parts of Hurricane Florence that has circled around and reformed into a small system!  Unbelievable -----I have never seen a hurricane refuse to die like this one.  The flooding continues and people are still waiting to get back to their homes.  Many of them know all is lost.  So if you want to help at all, these two projects will be wonderful to support.  Thanks. 
Happy stitching. 

3 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I have made that quilt in blues with red center squares :). Goodness, I had no idea the weather was still hairy!

Louise said...

Thanks for the link, Debbie. I know many folks will be needing bedding and more importantly, a quilty hug of support after all this flooding. It's terrible how the filthy water ruins everything. It's almost worse than a fire, because you can still see what *used* to be all your belongings, but have to pile them up and put them in the trash :(

I saw your comment on Maureen's blog about horizontal stripes being calming and vertical stripes being invigorating. I found that so interesting and useful!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thank you for linking to my project, Debbie!! I have you in my thoughts with the hope that you don't have any issues with the water.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...