Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Saying Thanks

   There is a saying  that says "it's going to get worse before it gets better."  As much as I would love to deny that and proclaim it false, there in lies some truth.  

   My health issues are autoimmune, meaning my body is constantly attacking itself.  In the case of Pernicious Anemia it all seems to multiply because of the multiple organ and body systems involved.   With neuropathy, there is a slow, very slow healing that is possible......and the last nerves damaged or harmed are the first ones to be repaired.  I won't bore you with the millions of miles of nerves in our bodies, but say instead that  it is a long and winding road to travel.  

  So you guessed it....my quietness here the last few weeks is due to a backward slide.   Balance issues, weakening grip, hip pain.......enough!    I won't go on, but want to just say thanks, and  be thankful, and be grateful, share some hope for a brighter day.  
   

   Two years ago, I had no feeling in my legs and feet.  Today, I feel and I feel pain more often than not.  Yet, I will count it as a blessing as it is a movement to return to normal.  


  Thanks to Darlene at Quiltshopgal for her suggestion for the Lidocaine patch and roll on for pain in my hands and hip.    I really appreciate the help.  






  
 
   I am thankful for the cooler nights, a little frost and sunny days.   A favorite spot this fall with a favorite quilt to cover me as I sip hot tea and read a book.

  This week I am planning the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.....feast of food, family and friends.  Luckily Sir Old Man has developed into a passable helper and does the heavy lifting and stirring for me.  I could not tackle it without him.  

  With a few weeks off, I hope to return to my projects soon.  Until then, I am sending Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all.
Happy stitching.  

16 comments:

Mary said...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving. I'm praying that you feel much better soon!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry to read this post Debbie. I had wondered if your health was not good at the moment but as I haven't been blogging much I've missed a lot. Hoping you will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving and lots more hot tea in your very cosy looking chair and a lovely quilt tucked around you.

Nicki said...

It saddens me to hear of your setbacks but know that you are in my daily prayers. I know this has been a long journey for you & your positive outlook helps me to keep my small woes in perspective. Hoping that your can enjoy the Thanksgiving holidays with family & friends with little or no pain. {{{HUGS & LOVE TO YOU}}}

Gene Black said...

I am thankful for friends who are open and honest. I know that it is difficult to share your weaknesses. But in doing so you allow us all to be more honest with others - and with ourselves.

PS, I bought a TENS unit on Amazon that I use for back, hip and shoulder pain when I need it. You might want to discuss it with your health care provider and see if that could be an option for you. (They aren't that expensive.)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It is indeed a long road to recover from nerve damage since it is a slow process. It is good news that you have feeling again though. You are a fighter too and won't give up and that all works in your favor.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So sorry to hear your health hasn't been good and you are having so much pain. I know from experience that this is not an easy thing to deal with. I hope your Thanksgiving day is comfortable and filled with happiness.

Food and Fiber Floozie said...

I just want you to know that I enjoy your blog posts when they come, and when they don't I look at old pictures from your site. So, you are doing good in the world whether you are able to write something new or not. I am sorry for your relapse and pray that it starts to get better.

Barbara said...

Wishing you better days ahead. Happy Thanksgiving.

Louise said...

I'm grateful to you, Debbie, for all the tips and tricks you've shared with us. And also for the beautiful quilts you make. I never get tired of seeing the photos!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Barb Neiwert said...

Oh, these bodies of ours! My wish for you is to heal quickly and relish the minute improvements as a sign of progress toward the larger goal. How special to have your quilt to snuggle down with that book and cup of tea! Happy Thanksgiving for you and your family!

MissPat said...

I am thankful that you never give up and keep us in the loop, so to speak. Your health trials are a reminder that we should all give thanks for the our good health if we have it and keep those who suffer in our prayers. You remain an inspiration to many. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, but don't over do it.
Pat

Dots said...

Hi Debbie. So sorry to hear how much you struggle to do normal. No one can imagine the pain you have and the struggle it is for you to live normal with the abnormal. I empathize greatly with you. A lot of suffering. You may want to read about CBD oil. It helps with the pain. It has a long list of benefits.
Have a good Thanksgiving.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Oh Debbie,I also sorry that you are having problems. I pray that you are able to return to your normal activities soon. I am so glad that Sir Old Man is in your life; he sounds like a keeper! We never know where life will take us but, as always, your attitude is so positive. I hope you are able to enjoy Thanksgiving. Take Care! ~Jeanne

Janet O. said...

It is good to feel--but sorry it involves so much pain.
Hoping the Thanksgiving prep isn't too much for you, and praying heaven's blessings upon you!

LA Paylor said...

thankful for you!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hope that there has been much improvement since you posted this. Sorry, I was gone for 2 weeks, and am still behind in my blog reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...