Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Hearts today



Celebrating a happy heart today for Valentine's Day.  This was an art project from 2012.  I loved using up all the leftover bits this way.  
  • Cut the batting and fusible web to desired size.  
  • Apply the fusible web to the batting.
  • Decide on design/shape like a heart.
  • Lightly pencil shape onto the batting.
  • Begin placing background pieces down first.
  • Then place the shape last, and allow the edges to extend over the background so all is well covered.  
  • Use a pressing cloth and fuse well.
  • Then stitch it all down....lots of stitching....meander or straight lines work well.
  • I then added the backing, stitched the edges and then turned inside out.
  • The edges got a decorative lace added for a finish.  My piece finished at 9'' by 12''---or close to it.  

   I came thru the procedure with flying colors.  All those prayers and thoughts made a difference.  From the scary abnormal screen to a clean examination with no problems seen......the anxiety riddled week or two.....a higher hand took it all away.  The anesthesia caused no real problem---except for the crying jag that befell me as I was coming out of it!  I scared several nurses with my wailing, to say nothing of Sir Old Man!  I don't remember why I started crying, but I had a tough time stopping.  So we put it down to stress related to the anesthesia.  
  Some food, and a long nap at home helped.   I feel much cleared headed today. Big sighs all round.    I am done with big medicine tests for now, and that's a good reason to celebrate.  On to the sewing room.....happy stitching.  

12 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The heart is a beautiful work of art. So glad all is clear and it's all over! Happy Valentine's Day and have a fun and relaxing day of sewing!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Relax, refresh, and enjoy today!!

Quilting Babcia said...

Happy Valentines Day!! All's well that ends well, Praise God!

Janet O. said...

A very pretty heart!
Oh, Debbie, I am SO relieved to hear that all went well, crying jag notwithstanding. :)
Tender mercies from heaven always make me smile!

Gene Black said...

Fusing directly to the batting is a technique I may have to try. I love your heart art!

I am so happy to hear that the procedure went well.

Barbara said...

Very pretty piece and an interesting way of doing it.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Debbie, nothing relieves the built up tension in our bodies, like a good, old fashioned cry. I'm so happy you aced your tests, and can now think happy thoughts once again. Hugs of happiness for you and family.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great news! I get crying jags from anathesia- epidurals, etc. Love the heart piece- you know I love to sew bits and bits also.

Louise said...

Good news all around! That makes my heart happy, too :)

Nicki said...

So glad to hear of the good test results. Stress is the pits & I wish it could be avoided all together. Your heart art is so pretty & was perfect for Valentine's Day.

Mary said...

So glad that's behind you and the results were good. Love the Valentine's heart piece.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad you passed all your tests. Now enjoy your sewing time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...