Friday, April 5, 2019

Scrappy Trips anyone?

  It is always nice to get email from followers.  And even better when they share their version of a project that I inspired.  Just this morning I had an email from Nancy with a photo of her version of my "Tripping' thru the Flowers"----the one I use as a banner photo. 


Made by Nancy and shared at Stitchin'  Therapy
  Nancy said she has just recently retired and got going on this.  Didn't it turn out great?  I love her border fabric and how it just pulls the blues out of the center.  Just fabulous and exciting design.  I like her very clever borders too.  Thanks, Nancy, for sharing your finish with us.  
  
   My post with details for Trippin' thru the Flowers is here.    Links to the original source, Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville, and some details about my version.  
   It's a rainy day here, so no photos from my finish yet.  I plan on making a label today at least.  Yet viewing Nancy's quilt inspires me to play a bit with floral fabrics......wonder what trouble I can get into?
Happy stitching.  

7 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

She did a beautiful job. Oh, I hope you have fun getting into LOTS of "trouble"!

Quilting Babcia said...

Nancy's quilt is gorgeous! I'll bet you can get into lots of trouble, and why not? Mix of snow and rain here this morning and I just finished my latte, so onward to quilting borders.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh my! Just a lovely quilt! Thanks for sharing such inspiration.

Janet O. said...

She did a beautiful job on her quilt inspired by you.
I was pulling (and ordering) border fabrics for my Scrappy Trips today. Now I need to sew all the blocks together. :)
Hope you found some fun trouble with your florals!

Mary said...

I love everything about Nancy's quilt!

Louise said...

Great job, Nancy! This quilt is so soft and pretty! I love how the colors wash so well from dark to light and back :)

Nancy said...

Wow, thanks, everyone! :) I had fun making this one just for me, for a change, and am pleased with how it turned out. I had my eye on Deb's banner for years. :) I emailed Deb several times with questions during the process, and she was so very helpful and encouraging. Thanks again--happy quilting! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...