Monday, April 5, 2010

Contrasts and disorganization!

The tiny grape hyacinths are blooming along the back walk.  From a distance it looks like  a lovely sea of blue-purple.  I like the  color contrast with the gray of the lavender in the background.
  Since returning from Florida last week, I have felt very scattered -- lack of focus, and have not gotten a lot accomplished.    I cleaned the cutting table off and picked up the items and books off the floor.  Project boxes were stacked under a side table and batting stored away.   Still I hard a difficult time getting to work.
Well now, I think I diagnosed my problem, and it is not just allergies and pollen.  I am embarrassed to say it is  being messy and  disorganized.....check out this photo to see what I mean.

I have been pulling out fabric for small projects and such and just stuffing it back wherever.  This is only one side of the closet and then there is the floor--where a lot of the overflow resides!  No wonder I can't think straight, it is too overwhelming to hunt for what I think I could use.   So, getting this mess in shape is a priority before I begin anything new.  
I ran across the mini-bolt idea from http://polarnotions.com/  and I think I will use their folding technique for getting some of this arranged.  I have a huge stack of plastic type cover sheets that I am going to experiment with before I make an investment in their mini-bolts. 
Any and all storage ideas are welcomed....please share them. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh if only I had some storage ideas!! I get the same restlessness when it gets so disorganized that I don't feel like quilting! I wonder if I used the mini-bolt system whether I'd just end up with fabric AND mini-bolts lying around! Here's part of Cathy Miller's storage solution in the song - '100 Ways to Hide your Stash'.

    "Pad it in a pillow, buy a bass violin,
    Cram it in a corner, tuck it in a tin,
    Turn off your freezer, fill up your bin, Unplug the oven, you can fit it all in"
    her last line is:
    "No more room in here, buy the house next door!!"
    Juanita:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song it too cute! Luckily I don't have to hide my stash...we would end up with baked paisley or grilled florals for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, what type of plastic are you wrapping the fabric around? I know your resourcefulness.;o) Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarge, I did some research and discovered what I used to wrap the bolts on is called a presentation/ report cover for binding. Heavy weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee - hee, so when you coming over to help me w/ my over flowing yarn & fabric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, smarty pants....when you give me free reign to do it my way..

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...