Sunday, May 9, 2010

Art Quilt Projects and stash report

Rather than letting things fall between the cracks, I have been allotting Mondays to my Art Quilt Workbook projects.   It has worked for me and I am on schedule and up to date.  I finished up the collage exercise and the theme projects.  The top photo is the collage exercise...Take the Leap.  I tried a different edge finish on this one, just a pillow case style finish.  I think I would have liked a binding better.




Over the River Nidd--Knaresborough Bridge is the collage theme project.  I had a general idea of wanting to show the sketch torn from a scrapbook, tucked away for years, and now framed to hang in my dining room.  It all came together when I got the comment from the student, Ana Lynden, and she shared her beautiful words describing the bridge.  (See earlier post for her comment).  I selected the parts I wanted to use and printed them onto fabric that frames the photo on its frayed side.  The quirky detail at the bottom is a tattered bookmark, that falls off the scrapbook edge. 
I am happy with this one....like I saved a piece of history.
One final note, I heard from Russ' cousin, Diane,  that she had been to Knaresborough because her maternal grandmother lived there. 

Insight:  I'm a quilter, and I like binding on the edge.            Inspiration may require waiting for just that right time....or in this case, comment, to bring everything together. 

This weeks Stash busting--fabric used---and none added!
2 yards for Make a Wish take along quilt
1/2yard for border and binding of watercolor
FQ and some scrap strips for labels and taggie
Total this week---2 3/4 yard

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing prairie points when I look at "Take the Leap". Maybe it's just because my brain is thinking about 3 dimensional triangles :)

    I like your insight thought. I have 4 quilties waiting for my to get binding inspired !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the prairie point idea....wonder if I can figure out how to add some now. Thanks for the input and help.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...