Friday, April 8, 2011

Journal quilt --not my usual

Paper piecing creates a pile of scraps and bits.
I think that is part of the reason why I don't do a lot of paper piecing.  And  this pile is all batiks and I sure hated to let it go to waste/trash can.  So I took inspiration from several of the gals doing the Journal Quilt Challenge--my turn to fuse some trimmings.
  I applied heat and bond to a  9" by 12" piece of batting and pulled out the pile of scraps.  Then it was like doing a  puzzle....like colors together and odd ends sticking out.  I re-arranged them a couple of times and finally just fused it all down.  I have a lot of long skinny strips and decided to use the turquoise blue ones as accents, and turquoise thread to quilt the whole thing. 
   This is not my usual thing.....but I love it!  The colors, the movement,  the freedom to explore and just create something from bits and pieces.   I think that will be my "word/phrase  for the year"---freedom to explore

Insight Be inspired to find your own way.

Happy stitching.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...