Sunday, May 29, 2011

First blocks for String Me Along

 Here are the first two block sections with different bias methods used.  The one on the left is with the folded bias tape maker---it is about 3/8" wide.  The one on the left is made using the sewn tube method and is only 1/4" wide.   I did manage to get  a small curl  on one end that I liked. 
  I used a tear away  stabilizer when stitching the bias down (that's why I folded back the edge on the left one, for you to see).  It is pinned in place, not fused.   Why use a stabilizer.....with this much twisting and turning when stitching, I wanted to make sure I did not stretch anything out of shape.
 There is a wide variety of stabilizers on the market...I just used what I had on hand.  Once all the applique is done, I will remove it before joining the sections. 

This is just a close up of the smaller tube bias.
Maybe you can tell that it is more raised than the folded bias. 

Blogger comment hasn't been working, but I have had emails about making the bias, and the look of it.  So hopefully, these  photos will help those who are afraid of trying it. 
Any other questions, please ask.
  I am off to get the tomato plants planted and then finish up quilting on the batiks....so excited because it looks great I think. 
Happy stitching.

2 comments:

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...