Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Working at it

A whole lot of labor going on here....the commission work is finished.  All the batiks are cut for the gift quilt.  While Russ was watching the "Lizard Lick Towing" marathon---that show is over the top--- last night, I made a big dent in piecing the batiks for the Turning Twenty Again. 
  I even took some "me time"  today and did a little bit of thread painting.  The background fabric was a scrap piece from some fabric painting.  I was following a tutorial by Nancy Prince offered on AQS.  It is a free PDF.  This project is really small, only about 3" by 5", and done mainly with straight stitches.  I only used about half the number of colors of thread that she showed.  I used 3 greens, 2 browns, yellow, and red.  I think I will enlarge it a good bit and  try again.  This one will turn into a journal project. 
   There's a new Quilt Along starting soon....see the link and button on the right for the Jacob's Laddar QAL.  This is at your own pace, and Freda is using Bonnie Hunter's tutorial for the florabunda blocks.  So, if you wanted to create your own yellow wonderful quilt----or whatever wonderful color you prefer---visit her for all the details.  There's a flickr site set up for posting photos as you work along. 
Happy stitching.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Very cute thread painting - will you please stop adding to my "someday" list?! LOL

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never seen the Nancy Prince tutorial. I haven't done much thread painting since I got my embroidery machine.

Impera Magna said...

What a darling thread painting! It will look great on a journal cover...

Thanks for the advert for the JL QAL... the more the merrier!

Mary said...

Thanks for pointing us in the direction of this tutorial. Your piece is very pretty.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Lovely embroidery and the background fabric is very pretty too. What fun!
best, nadia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...