Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coming or going?


  I ran across this small wall hanging  yesterday while putting things away and stopped to  just look  at it....it's exactly the way I have been feeling this past week.  I had named it Coming or Going----it depends on how you view it. And the muddy, blended area in the center is where I am at right now.    I need to get this one hung up.
    So where have I been?  Sorting and packing a mountain of boxes at my brother's house.  He put it off, now the house is rented, and the renters move in this weekend.....so the stuff he left has to GO!!!  Maybe you can sense my frustration.  I have learned I do not make a good surrogate landlord, but right now that's where I am.
I know we go through periods or seasons for a reason....but I never seem to learn.
    Insight:  I have too much stuff!
 Everywhere, just too much.  Do I want to burden someone else with having to sort and move it out someday?   The answer is No.  So, what will I do about it?  Give it away, donate it, sell it, whatever it takes......if it has been stuck in a corner, closet, or drawer for a year and not used, find some place else for it to reside.  I will be starting with the closets, and I will  be ruthless....or at least I will try to be ruthless.  Wish me luck with this.
Happy stitching.


5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have been giving, selling, and throwing out too, and it is hard to be ruthless as much as I want to be. I wish you luck! I just gave away 4 huge bags of very good condition clothing and that felt good but I should have given more.....

Jodi said...

I wish I could do the same but fighting my husband, the pack rat, is exhausting! That little quilt is fabulous!!!

Mary said...

I am struggling with this also. I am by nature a pack rat, but now I want to pare down as well. May we all succeed with this challenge.

Impera Magna said...

I look around my house and see all the stuff that I've got and think: geez! What are you saving all this for?

I don't want to leave a huge mess for the kids to have to deal with but it's hard to know where to start. I think I need to set a goal... one black trash bag full removed each week... to make it work.


I remember my grandmother giving stuff to us grandkids when we visited and thinking: Why do you want to get rid of this? Now I understand better...

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Right there behind ya on the closets! Maybe this weekend...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...