Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Who me?

Award?  Yes, I am red faced and embarrassed to admit I forgot to mention and thank Linda at alottastiches blog  for passing The Versatile Blogger Award onto me.  So Thank you, Linda, and forgive me for the delay.  So what is The Versatile Blogger Award?  A way to spread the word about blogs you enjoy and share a little extra about yourself.  Here are the guidelines. 
 1.You must give credit to the person that has nominated you and create a link to their blog in your post.
2.You must create a list of 15 blogs that you enjoy most and link to those as well. Then you must go and tell them you have nominated them. That means if you do not have 15, you cannot do this step. If you do not complete this step, then you cannot claim this award.
3.Finally, you must create a list of seven things about yourself.


And I am about a week late on number one, but do drop in on Linda, who does  fabulous crochet--Ripple of the Week-- and knits and loves yarns and  reading about quilting too.  Now, for the number 2 part.  Here's the start of my list.  You might just want to drop in for a visit with some of them. 

Cheree at The Morning Latte

Mary at Hill Country Quilter

Pattilou Quilts

Dana at Stormy Days


Seven things about me.....
  1.  I wanted to be a writer but ended up majoring in biology and chemistry.  I went through an internship after college and became a Medical Technologist and was in charge of a lab in Orlando before getting married.
  2.  I began sewing when I was 12 years old.  Betty was a surrogate Grandmother to me and a wonderful seamstress.  I am so indebted to her. 
  3.  I love flowers and working in the garden, but have developed horrible allergies over the years.  Spiders and small ants are deadly to me.
  4.  Cooking is another love.  I have cookbooks and kitchen gadgets for everything.  So, why does my family always ask for the same old things?  Country Fried Steak is the all time favorite and pure comfort food.  The one time I changed the holiday menu, they all turned up their noses at the new stuff!  My nephew said that it wasn't Christmas without Grandma's salad.  I learned to leave the menu alone.
  5.  I am sentimental, and sensitive, yet analytical, love chocolate, cherish friends and my family, know a little about a lot of things, enjoy silence and watching the sunrise, need that first cup of coffee in the morning, find pleasure in the routine, abhor being rushed or pushed into something, and long to be a real artist.
  6.  I love to read.  Books take me places I have never been, and teach me more than I can ever use.
  7.  Finally, love fabrics, making quilts, giving quilts away, designing quilts, playing with color, and the biggest thing I love to do is inspire others.  It  makes my day complete when I can share and inspire.   
   
Happy stitching.

2 comments:

Linda said...

You're very welcome Debbie! And no worries about a little delay, we all know how one day's to-do list rolls over onto the next, don't we? lol.

Um, although I do have a little knitting on my blog, it's primarily about my Ripple of the Week crochet project. Sorry to disappoint your followers who knit, but now the crocheters may be more intrigued!

Lynne said...

Well, you certainly inspire me so I hope that makes your day!

Congratulations again on the award.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...