Monday, July 30, 2012

Here's a block and a hint

   Today completely got away from me.  Everything took  longer or I am just slower.  Anyway, I promised another peek and a hint at my project.
   So here's a block.....the rest are sewn just not pressed.
   I will say that this is not a beginner project...more advance because of the angles.  Those angles can give you fits, but luckily there is some  leeway when it is time to set them together.  I think I will need it when the blocks are trimmed up!




     It is not a traditional pattern, so you will need to connect the threads of hints I have given to find the pattern.  You know the color palette,  and now you see one of the blocks.  
    I'm throwing in a pin cushion ---filled with stuffing and crushed walnut shells for a little weight--- to the prize for the correct guess.
    Happy stitching.
    

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, I wish I could be the first to guess what you are making. I must not be picking up on the hints because I don't have a clue. It sure is looking good & I'm loving those prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    I'm taking a wild guess here because I haven't seen any of the hints, is this going to be a winter tree in the woods wallhanging? Love the black, gray and silver in the blocks.
    Shelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so close...except not a wall hanging, a lap throw. Go back a couple of posts and remember to think sneaky.

      Delete
  3. I know I saw this pattern somewhere in blogland, but for the life of me I can't remember where!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to "steal" Sheila's guess & say that it is some sort of family tree lap quilt with the appliqued pieces as maybe leaves with family info and/or pictures on each one. Do we get more than one guess? If not, then this is my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this in two places - 'White Birches' in Oct 2010 Quilter's World and Life & Easures: Quilting in Black & White (maybe called 'Snowy Evening' ) same lap quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't even begin to guess. It's 11.10pm and I'm too tired to think! Looks very interesting though.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...