Friday, July 26, 2013

Small Quilts with a message

   From Mrs. Claus in Michigan............with the help of her Granddaughter!   FayeJean from the HGTV Message Board sent 2 doll quilts for the Mrs. Claus project.  Her note said that she had the help of her Granddaughter in making these precious little doll quilts.
    I was touched by that.  This little project has crossed generational lines to teach giving and quilting.  Thank you, FayeJean and big hugs to your Granddaughter.
 
  I enjoy knowing the story behind the quilt and the quiltmakers.  Because I believe, that what we make with our hands is a  gift of our heart.  Sharing what we love to do with younger generations ensures that our art will continue.  That's important to me.  This is one of the best examples of why  I  quilt.   Thank you again, Mrs. Claus for all you do.
Happy stitching.

1 comment:

Dana Gaffney said...

You couldn't have said it better, I like the stories of who receive our quilts too, it's always nice to know they are loved and treasured.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...