Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wonderful doll quilts

   A wonderful assortment of doll quilts came in the mail this week.  I am always amazed each time I open one of the packages.  The vibrant colors, beautiful fabrics, and fun prints are a treat.....but the sense of love and giving from special quilters that I call Mrs. Claus just fill me to over-flowing.








    Two arrived from Mrs. Claus in Maine, aka Quiltbea at the HGTV Message Board.    My mouth dropped open when I saw these.....so beautiful!  Quiltbea used the 4-patch posey technique to create these fabulous little blocks with sashing.   It's an easy technique, but time consuming, using just one fabric that is  fussy cut into squares  and develops  that wonderful swirled effect.  Thank you, Mrs. Claus, these are so special.



 
From  Mrs. Claus in NY.....
Vroomans Quilts came 4 doll quilts!  The first 2 satisfy the cat lover in me.....she always has the cutest fabric to share.  I admit to loving that swirly tail in the center of the right hand quilt!














  The second pair from her....teddy bears and patches galore.  This Mrs. Claus is proclaimed the most prolific doll quilt maker I know!  I follow her blog, so I know she participates in doll quilt swaps and love seeing her creations.
  Big hugs and thank yous to you both for sharing your love through your doll quilts.







  I am finishing up an old fashion Peach Cobbler........with fresh Carolina beauties.  A neighbor made the trek to the peach farm and shared a bushel with all the neighbors.   So you can guess what Sir Old Man will be eating tonight with his ice cream!  

3 comments:

Mary said...

They are all truly wonderful.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the tiny 4-patch posies - what a cute little quilt they make.

Impera Magna said...

Love these doll quilts... and that 4-patch posy block is new to me... quite intriguing!

Hit a local peach orchard yesterday... love me some peach cobbler! Or peach-anything for that matter...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...