Monday, September 9, 2013

Faux Braid teaser

 
  I thought I would stir the pot with a little tease on the Faux Braid....my NewFO has begun.    I was in a rush, so pardon the wonky photos.


 Eight blocks--so far-- set side by side for the diagonal layout.










 Or if you prefer..... set on point to create vertical rows.

   I am thinking the diagonal for the florals, but a fall tone in the vertical setting  would be great.

   The tutorial is here.
  Insight Be sure to follow the instructions when assembling.
   In other words, do not get distracted by the movie you are watching.  If you switch sides that you need to add strips to during the process, you will be ripping and miss all the car chase scene!  Ask me how I know  ;D.

Another doll quilt arrive.....with instructions!  I will post them tomorrow.......because it's an easy scrappy quilt for "Double Sliced Layer Cake."   Sounds good, doesn't it.
Tonight is the challenge reveal at guild, so I am rushing to get things finished before I go.  Till then, happy stitching.    

12 comments:

Paula said...

Oh I love this! I like the first layout best.

Janet O. said...

I am really liking this, Debbie. The second setting in fall colors--that would make me smile! : )

Impera Magna said...

That is like soooo cool! It gives one furiously to think....

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

looks good so far!

Lynne said...

Ooo, the vertical layout changes it dramatically, doesn't it?

Dana Gaffney said...

What? Isn't it all lights to one side and darks to the other? Did I miss something? I don't do directions well. I like yours a lot, the florals are so pretty.

Mary said...

Looking great...and I know exactly what you mean about being distracted by a movie while sewing.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So beautiful... delicious florals!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love it! So many layout possibilities. I will be filing this away for a future project.

Terri said...

My favorite color (really value, I guess) way.... jewel tones and lights. That's going to be a beauty.
Hugs

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful! I like the first layout the best.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How beautiful Debbie!! A quilt like this is on my list.....my long, long list! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...