Thursday, October 24, 2013

Motivation

Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com  I got motivated to finish up the floral quilt of quarter log cabin blocks when I realized that the Bloggers' Quilt Festival  was so close.  The Festival begins tomorrow.....and nominations for favorites in each category begin.
    I jumped on it and got the quilting done.  I  am still taking photos for tomorrow's post.   So come back then to see the full quilt.
  Here's a peek at the border quilting I used.  I borrowed a page from LuAnn's sketchbook of borders for the outer border.  I modified it to fit my style of free motion feathers.  The "waves" of feathers in the border have different numbers of plumes....some 3, or 4, or 5.  And I threw in a few extra curls to fill in things.

   Now if I can just find a shady enough spot to finish up the photos.  We had our first frost last night and lots of trees are leafless already, and it is windy!
Till tomorrow....happy stitching.  

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I look for to seeing this one! We have had nothing but rain, wind and a bit of snow - hopefully I can get photos tomorrow.

Janet O. said...

I was looking at the photo of the border thinking how pretty it looked. Then I thought it looked familiar. Finally I realized it is the design I pinned from LuAnn's sketchbook that I quilted on a border just yesterday!! I really like the spin you put on it! : )

Nicki said...

What a great sneak peek of your quilt. I can't wait to see the whole quilt in all it's glory. Thanks for the link to LuAnn's site. She does beautiful work & has some great tutorials.

Dana Gaffney said...

What a tease! We had our first cold front come through and the temps dropped into the low 80s, woo hoo, sweater weather, LOL.

Lynne said...

The border looks very pretty, I look forward to seeing the whole quilt. Of course, being so far behind with blog reading, Bloggers' Quilt Festival came and went without me knowing a thing about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...