Friday, October 18, 2013

Scrappy Pinwheels quilt

   Done!  A finish.....finally.
    The center section has been hanging around for about a year.  Nine blocks made using the "5 minute block" that I talked about last August. Click here for that post.
   Since it was square, I added a row of those leftover pinwheels from one of Bonnie Hunter's patterns to the top and bottom.  They sure have come in handy for finishing off quilts.  I probably have another 20 of them, so I am sure they will pop up again.
  I finished it off with a piano key border.  And the binding is whatever was in the binding bin!  I love mixing it all together.

   Swirly quilting around the pinwheels, which are the dimensional geese that are stitched down with a curved edge.










 Size finished is 48" by 65"....a small lap quilt that I am donating to Habitat for Humanity.




   And just a little more quilting going on.  This is the quarter log cabin that has the diagonal bands.  Right now I am quilting the light area with feathers.  I will use a large stipple thru the print fabric bands as little stitching will show.  Yikes, I could actually get this one finished this month, too!

   Guess you can tell the back is much better, even with the long ride last week. I am so glad to be stitching again.....I need the therapy of it.  :D

Happy stitching.

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a delightful scrappy quilt! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Elvira said...

Enhorabuena por el resultado. Te ha quedado un quilt espectacular Besos

Dana Gaffney said...

You got back on track pretty fast, I really like the pinwheels, curves are my current fear and I like the gentle curves in yours, maybe that's a good place to start. As usual your feathers are perfection.

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful work!

Nicki said...

The pinwheel quilt is beautiful. I really like the way you used the extra pinwheel blocks for the top & bottom border. Your feathers look soft & flowing on that quarter log cabin quilt. Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Such a great idea to add in the pinwheels and I'm such a fan of piano key borders... wonderful finish!

Marly said...

Lovely scrappy quilt. I love those rounded pin-wheels, they're so dynamic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...