Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Purple dress

Yahoo....the only good thing about the high heat is the progress I have made this month.  The donation quilt is quilted and waiting for binding fabric, and the watercolor wall hanging are complete, along with the simple place mats.

   And today, I put the purple "dress" on Hot Legs....or Tiara quilting machine.  This was from a tutorial shared by a gal on the Yahoo group for Handi-quilter and Tiara owners.  Jasmine of Quilt Kisses worked all the kinks out of the pattern, so I got thru it in no time.   Much better than a towel thrown over her to keep the dust bunnies away.  Thanks, Jasmine, for presenting this tutorial.








    Since I needed a big hunk of fabric quilted, I thought it was a great time to practice a new to me motif. It is hard to see the design on the outside fabric....good for hiding goofs.  So here are a couple of photos of the lining side.
   This is Scroll Flower from Amy's Free Motion Quilting.     Needless to say, it is just a great pattern that flows any which way and covers the area quickly.  If I did not have enough space for 2 scallop rows...one worked fine.





   I really just played around with it....using different size scrolls to begin, and  adding varying number of scallops.   I love the look of it.  So I will be adding this one to my motif book!

   Did I mention book?  Yes, the Let's Book It project is assembled.....ready to be pinned.  I'll be looking for a new project to begin....decisions to make.  Happy stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Your purple dress looks great! I am so happy to see someone use my tutorial. Makes all the effort worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can see I need to look up this tutorial!!
    Looks great, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, that's something I keep meaning to do, I'm going to check out the tute even though my machine is much smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks great on Hot Legs! I keep saying someday I will make one for my Janome. I better check out Jasmine's instructions soon.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! But no anonymous comments accepted any longer. Send an email instead. Thanks for stopping by to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...