Friday, October 24, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2014

Fall 2014 BQF ButtonWelcome to the Blogger's Quilt Festival!

I always enjoy this on-line quilt show.  and give big thanks to Amy at Amy's Creative Side for hosting this.





 
   My entry has been sitting around unfinished for a couple of months, so the quilt festival was just the motivation I needed to get it completed.  At the end of August, this is where it was.....did I need more blocks, or borders, or not?   I was so undecided that it got pushed aside as other things in life intervened.




 About 2 weeks ago, I saw that the Blogger's Quilt Festival was quickly approaching......so out it came again.   Decision made----I was keeping this one. A perfect small throw size, just for me.

  
   The pattern is Scrappy Trips from Bonnie Hunter's tutorial.  When 4 blocks are joined, a Trip Around the World style unit appears.  I used 2" strips to make these.
   There are  six floral fabrics in each block, blended by  the value of the fabric  in each block---either light to dark or dark to light.   I can say that each one is different.....repeated fabrics, yes.....but in different combinations.



   What could be better than viewing the last of the garden blooms sitting under a lapful  of favorite floral fabrics!
And a wonderful reminder of a perfect fall day.










   For the quilting,  I used an overall pattern of swirls and a few leaves thrown in.  I kept the quilting open and not too dense.  A softer effect to blend it all together.







     Finished off with a label.










Category is Small Quilt.
Tripping through the Flowers
is 56 " by 56 ".
Machine quilted by me on Tiara.

 Time to grab a cup of coffee, settle in under your favorite throw, and view some quilts in the festival.

 Here is the link to the main festival page.   Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the festival! 

21 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautiful design and I love the fabrics you have chosen. Definitely a delight to keep this one!

Quilting Babcia said...

Absolutely lovely!

Janet O. said...

Very pretty finish, Debbie!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sometimes we need that push. So glad you are keeping this as it says YOU.

Lynne said...

Just lovely! A scrappy Trip Around the World is on my someday list. And now, I've reached the other end! Thanks for your patience with me as I made the journey February to October!

KatieQ said...

It's a wonderful quilt. I'm glad you're keeping for yourself.

Béa said...

Very beautiful !

Dana Gaffney said...

So beautiful, I'm glad this was the push you needed :). It's so you. Pinning.

Pattilou said...

I'm so glad you entered this quilt. It is just so lovely!

Barbara said...

Beautiful work. Someday I want to try one of these.

Jan said...

Debbie, your quilt is beautiful. Such a great way to use scraps.

Jasmine said...

Congrats on the finish. I love the use of value in your quilt. So happy to hear you are keeping it.

Angie in SoCal said...

It turned out beautiful. SUch a wonderful floral quilt. I really like what you used. Congrats.

Gretchen said...

I love the watercolor floral effect! This is gorgeous!

JanineMarie said...

The watercolor shading in this quilt is so lovely! I'm sure you'll have many happy hours under it--with a cup of tea perhaps? I hope you sent these pictures to Bonnie.

Raewyn said...

Very pretty quilt, good on you for getting it done!

Teje Karjalainen said...

So beautiful quilt! Wonderful Fabrics which make it look sparkling! x Teje

CathyH said...

So pretty! I love your fabrics.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I just adore this quilt! Gorgeous pictures too. One of my favorites!

Nancy said...

I just love this quilt "Tripping through the Flowers"--my lifetime dream quilt! :) So, I've started making the blocks, and have a question: Did you make equal numbers of blocks with the lightest fabric as the diagonal, and with the darkest as diagonal? I keep getting confused trying to figure it out from the picture. It is so beautiful!

Thanks!

Debbie said...

Nancy, you are a no-reply commenter. Please link your email to your profile for quick responses. Or use email link on my side bar. All of the blocks....every one....used a dark as the center diagonal. Some had a dark, medium on either side and then lights for the rest. Other blocks had dark as center diagonal with lights to mediums on both sides. If you see this....please send me a direct email..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...