Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I got caught



  I have been little more than a slug for the past few days......first I caught a cold.  And naturally, after nursing the stuffy head syndrome, the ear/sinus infection caught up to me.    I thought I would get thru this season without one of these.  Instead, I got caught.
 
     I am no further along with any major project......I did try a few string blocks.   This is as far as I got before the medicine took over and I went back to napping and drinking hot tea.
 
  And to top it off, the heat pump went kaput.  Luckily, the weather turned warmer and we have been fine.  A replacement gets put in this week.
Such is life!
  Anyway, soon as the antibiotics kick in.....I'll be back.   Happy stitching.

10 comments:

Nicki said...

So sorry to hear that you got caught. So far I've been able to avoid the flu & colds this year. I am loving how your string blocks are coming long. They remind me of a Babbling Brook (a quiet serene place, with the quiet sounds of water flowing over and rocks). Your color wash quilts are always just jaw-dropping beautiful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Do feel better soon - I've avoided the flu, but did get a bit of a stomach bug a couple of weeks ago.

Terri said...

You did more on the strings than I usually do, so don't feel guilty about taking some needed rest. Get well soon.
Hugs

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

get well soon!

Sheila said...

Get well soon, dear.

Mystic Quilter said...

I do sympathise!! Hope you recover from this quickly and your string blocks re looking lovely.

Janet O. said...

If you have to be sick it is too bad you are too sick to spend that time enjoying some sewing. : )
Get well soon, my friend!

Dana Gaffney said...

You've been having a rough time of it, hopefully the sun will shine soon and you can get outside in nice weather, being cooped up can't be healthy.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good Morning Debbie and so sorry to hear you were bitten by such a nasty bug! Sometimes our bodies just can't fight hard enough to ward off the 'nasties' and we have to give in and let nature take it's course. Your blog and all of us who follow will be here when you feel better, so take all the time you need to feel like yourself again.

liniecat said...

Hope the meds kick in soon and you feel better.
Love the strings placed this way on point : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...