Monday, April 27, 2015

Log Cabin layout

   I'm feeling a bit indecisive on this one.   I won't say how many layouts I tried..... here are 2 I liked.

Here's the block.....a quarter log cabin.


Two layouts for the quilt.
   Offset barn raising layout.  Distinct rounds of light and dark areas.


















   An "X' variation.  This one reminds me of a formal garden maze.

   I tried a zig zag which left me dizzy.  I moved things around to get the flying geese pattern, which did not make me happy.  I created a star, yet it wasn't what I wanted. Finally,  these are the two that I narrowed it down to.....viewing the photos on the computer helps in the decision making.
 

 Oops....I hit publish before I was finished!  And now I forgot what I was going to add.    Oh, yes.....I plan a border for this one  and the barn raising one will probably work out the best for what I envision.  If and when I get that far.  I need to finish up the string project....I got past all that sashing mess.  It needs a good press and pinning.  With the end of the month quickly approaching, I probably won't get it finished.  But it is next on the agenda.  Happy stitching. 

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Offset barn raising settings have really caught my eye lately, so that is the one that is speaking to me! : )

Dana Gaffney said...

I like the barn raising, it's soothing, the other one has my eyes traveling all over the place, LOL.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I agree with the herd - oops, ladies - the barn raising is much more eye appealing.

Judy D in WA said...

I like the offset barn raising too. Log cabin is such a great block! Too many choices.

Andrea said...

I'll cast my personal preference with the barn raising as well. I like where it takes my eye around the quilt. Very lovely!!! Enjoy your perfectly wonderful day!

Terri said...

I like the X - it's unusual. It is your quilt, and your vision, so share it with us.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...