Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday Finds.....finally

  I sure haven't shared anything in a while, yet I have pinned up a few things.


   I see so many quilters making house blocks.  This one is a good reference for an assortment of blocks.  It is from Quilt Inspiration and provides a lot of links.  I am sure you will find inspiration there!













Garden Fence Block Tutorial | Freemotion by the River:
Connie at Freemotion by the River recently shared her block for the Garden Fence block.....along with some cute variations.  She has a pdf file for download as well as this handy instruction card to print out.   This is one I am putting on my list of small projects to make......soon I hope.







Fine-Tuning the Stitch & Flip with Bonnie Hunter - C&T Publishing:

Bonnie Hunter recently did a guest post at C and T Publishing on her technique for perfecting the sew and flip triangles.  It is worth the time to read.  Her details are great.









I love this string quilt!  Great contrast and a good mix of color.  This is from facebook by Ruthie Reynoso on Pat Sloan's quilt along.    I hope she doesn't mind my sharing her quilt.  No pattern given, or really needed, just good idea here!









As for me..,.,.,I am off for surgery pre-op tests this morning.  The CT went well...as in, I did not cause the machine to malfunction this time.  I met with the surgeon and surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday the 22nd.  He will clean out the  right artery and improve my brain function.   Once I recover, then we move on to neurosurgeon for back/spine repair.  Or what ever it takes.   The left leg is weaker/less feeling/less control this week.  I know not a good thing, but wheelchair assistance  gets me to PT anyway.   "Tighten the tummy. tuck in the behind, shoulders back, remember to breath, and now walk".......that's my lesson for the week.  
Enjoy the weekend and happy stitching.

15 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Some great Friday finds! Good luck with your surgeries, my friend, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you recover.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am amazed you could do such a wonderful post, the way you feel. Thanks for communicating to us and prayers for your surgery.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Debbie......I am so happy you are beginning your road to recovery with this first clean out surgery. Don't you just love the way they describe these surgeries? Whatever it takes to get the job done and and get the old brain back in shape. Seriously, I will keep on sending prayers your way and will be thinking of you next Wednesday. Hugs

Mary said...

Great shares. Thanks for the update. You've been on my mind and heart. Will keep you in my prayers.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

HOw lovely of you to share some wonderful finds with us. Many gentle hugs and prayers as you travel this path in your life.

Laura said...

Thanks for continuing to educate and inform us, even as you're anticipating surgery and doing PT. I wish for the best possible outcomes of these surgeries for you and hope the upcoming months find you in great health!

allthingzsewn said...

Debbie I have added you to my ongoing prayer list and there you will stay until complete recovery.
The string quilt is indeed a beauty. I and a house and cat nut, so thanks for the find there.

allthingzsewn said...

Debbie, Has your email address changed. I tried to get in touch with you and message was returned.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Surgery is a start. Hope all goes well, and you can get to the next step quickly.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the string star quilt!

You will be in my prayers on Wed. and also the hospital team that will fix you.

Janet O. said...

With all you have going on in your life I am impressed that you still took the time to share Friday Finds. Thank you.
Have their been any definitive answers from the tests?
Will continue in prayer in your behalf.

Mystic Quilter said...

Can't beat a colourful string quilt! All the very best to you for your surgery on Wednesday, I shall be thinking of you.

Dana Gaffney said...

I'll be thinking about you Wednesday, how long will recovery take? I have so many questions but I know it's hard for you to answer, so just know you're on my mind and I'll wait patiently for updates.

Nicki said...

Praying for your surgery on Wednesday. I'm so glad that things seem to be moving in the right direction for you concerning these health issues. Even though it is not necessary for you to do, I feel like we (your followers) are so blessed to have you continuing to blog for us & keep us up to date on your progress. {{{HUGS}}} to you.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow; I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...