Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It was so rainy over the weekend that I thought we would float away.  Two inches is a lot of rain.  So on Saturday  I stitched up about 80 blocks for the President's signature quilt for our guild.  I know it sounds like a lot, but really they are very simple.  Just three pastel  strips  per unit.  All are now pressed and ready for the signature strip to be added.
I also finished up the remaining zentangles for my challenge.  I am now ready to get it assembled.  I want to create the feel/look of  a  zen garden...with my twist on it.   Russ and I visited  one while in North Carolina last summer.  Very quiet and peaceful  and just steps from the road.   The zentangles will be the "stepping stones" through the "sand"---which will be  black fabric heavily quilted with close curves.  One of the required fabric circles will be the round element in the garden.  
I also tried the small folded fabric pinwheel that Carol posted on her  blog.  It turned out really cute.  I may have to do more of these and make a small wall hanging.  It's a great way to use small squares.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...