Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Heading South....

The first day of Spring was this weekend and it turned cooler again!  We decided to go ahead with our plans for a quick visit to Florida after I saw the doctor for an ear infection that developed over the weekend.  So we leave for a few days in St. Augustine to tour the Old City, the fort and lighthouse, and search for the Fountain of Youth!  I hope it helps my winkles.  And then to Orlando to see friends and family. 

I have about half of the watercolor stitched and the center area is pieced together too.  I have been looking for flowers to applique in the center.  This is one of the photos of poppies that I found and may use to sketch.  Wow, that is strange for me to say.  Two months ago I would not have even thought about developing a sketch for the applique.   I would have hunted for a pattern to copy.  I do believe the Art Quilt Workbook has made a dent in my attitude. 
Insight:  May I never grow too old to be willing to learn.

Till later....happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your visit to Florida. Good luck with your sketching.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...