Friday, January 7, 2011

Revised tip and photo

I promised Carol a photo of  the end result when you use the folded triangles in the corners of a small quilt for hanging.   I used a 1/4" dowel that was cut to length for this and then the clip ring to hang it up.  As I was taking the photo, I had a light bulb moment.....if it works on the top, it would work on the bottom of wall hangings, too!  Sometimes you need just a little added weight to make a wall hanging stay flat---especially on longer banner style hangings, and the corner triangles are easier to add than a sleeve.

Revised Tip:   Cut 4 triangles 3" to 4" square.  Fold in half diagonally.  Place one in each corner of the wall hanging---aligning the raw edges.  Pin in place.  Attach binding as usual.     To hang, slip a dowel cut to length  to fit into the created pockets.

   I found a simple strippy idea  at Quiltville that I remembered---see the vertical example at the bottom of the post.  I am seriously trying to reduce the amount of 2 1/2" strips that I have accumulated.  So I went thru the 3 boxes of strips and pulled out all the blues and greens to put together using this idea.   Now I have a new night time sewing project. 
   Happy stitching,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Debbie. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip ,I like this alot better than the sleeves and I also like the idea of putting them on the bottom to add weight to straighten out some uneven quilts that will not hang flat.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...