Monday, January 24, 2011

A necessary contraption

   I thought I would work on some thread painting today, but my machine doesn't have a horizontal spool adaptor.  And of course, the thread color I wanted to use would not feed off correctly in the vertical  position.  It was one of the spools of embroidery thread I got last October at the quilter's yard sale.  So.......after a few attempts, I came up with this necessary contraption!
   LOL....laugh all you want but it worked!  That's all I cared about, but thought I would share it anyway.  I filled an empty bobbin with the thread I wanted to use.  The bobbin sits on top of an empty spool--luckily I had saved it.  And the empty spool sits on top of another spool.  And the small stick you see poking out the top....is a bamboo skewer!  I needed the skewer to be a spindle for the bobbin.   I just poked it through both of the spools on the bottom and left just enough sticking out to hold the bobbin.
  I got the thread painting done, even if I can't get a patent on the contraption.  Happy stitching.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You know it is funny how we seem to think alike , I did somthing similar years ago. I guess there are times we just have to do what we can to make it work !:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...