Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hiding

   Family weekend  was fun, even if we were inside due to the wet weather.  I  remember playing hide and seek, when we were small.  So the young ones entertained themselves with a game for a while.   We might not have found Remy, if it were not for that foot.....
He is just the perfect size to slip under the quilts on the quilt ladder.



 



I wasn't able to decide on which of the Pat Sloan patterns to use for the sewing machine cover.....so I used parts of my favorite two.

Of course, I could not resist the cardinals.  This pair had to be on one side.   I love the patterns....big pieces for a change.  Not those half inch bits that get lost before I can fuse them.  Second good thing is a full size layout  that is included.






Here's a better photo of the quilting.
 I mixed up the quilting stitches by using close swirls and stacked teardrops on this side.











The other half of the cover is done with the pair of purple cone flowers.  I used mainly meandering loops---have to get back in practice---and a few leaves thrown in.  

The cover is really just a rectangle with straps ( hook and loop tape)  on  the side  to hold it in place.  With that high bar thread guide, I had to figure out a way to avoid it, and this works fine.  And I get two "views" this way.
Happy stitching.



8 comments:

  1. your sewing machine cover is outstanding!! you will really enjoy keeping it on....your stitching is also great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love playing hide-and-seek with the grandbabies... won't be much longer before they won't want to do that... :(

    Great cover for your sewing machine... cool that you have two sides so you can change it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little "hider".
    Beautiful cover for your machine--the quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Remy looks like he's enjoying himself at your home. He sure is a sweetheart!

    Your machine cover is fabulous. Those cardinals are sooooo pretty & I love their shape..so cute & plump. :) Your FM quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and your quilting too ! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your machine cover! Good job with the cardinals.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...