Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Early Spring morning

Nothing says Spring like tulips and daffodils. I wasn't quick enough  with the camera to catch the deer this morning, so I just enjoyed the sight of them running through the back yard.  They are probably looking for the hostas --which are just breaking through the mulch-- to munch on.   Of course the temperatures seem more like summer here, where it has been 85 degrees.  Should we be warned of what summer will bring?
  Simple kitchen towels are one of the quick projects I finished up.  The fabric is very cute and retro  from Micheal Miller.  It features decorated pyrex style cups and coffee pots and such.  I banded a couple of solid color  towels, and just stitched down a few motifs on the striped ones.  I think I need a couple of mug rugs to go  with them.
  Happy stitching.
   

7 comments:

Judy said...

I love spring flowers! You did a nice job pairing the fabric with your towels.
Enjoy your day.

Terri said...

You have deer and flowers? How wonderful and cheery. I needed that! Thanks Debby.
Hugs!

Mary said...

What a gorgeous spring you are having! Love the towels. What a great gift they would make for a bride, hostess or even ourselves.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Cute towels! Our tulips have been trying to open but it's rain, rain, rain here. But, I'm okay with that. It won't be long and we'll be beggging for rain so I'll just enjoy it while it lasts!

Impera Magna said...

I think we skipped spring and went straight to summer!

Those are the cutest towels... and YEA! You do need matching mug rugs!

:)

Ivory Spring said...

What a great idea to dress up the towels like that. I have to remember that for a hostess gift in the future. ;)

Juanita said...

Love the spring flowers and the towels. Good idea. Can you believe we are having the same hot temperatures in Ontario this week? Unheard of!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...