Saturday, September 22, 2012

Photo practice

  After running a couple of errands this morning, I thought I would try for a few photos.  This is one I finished up for my daughter, who said the blocks---rectangles---reminded her of kleenex boxes.
   I found some deep shade in the front yard for a long view.






  I used a large print fabric for the backing and added a computer label complete with cardinal.















A closer shot and less angle.











   I just used wavy line quilting on this, so no good close up on that.  The light is stronger in the back yard....but you can see why I call this one, Mod Boxes.   I think the photos give a lot more interest to this very simple block quilt.  And I need to try some late afternoon shots for better details.  Count this as another learning lesson.  Feel free to share  your thoughts on the photos....just be gentle with me  :o)
  Happy stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice... the different views allow one to study the quilt. Love your cardinal on the label... I have yet to try making a computer label for a quilt... will have to give it a try on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why your daughter think of tissue boxes! It is a lovely, simple but effective design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job with the pictures of the beautiful quilt. I especially like the one on the wrought iron fence. Of course I love, love, love your quilt labels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt! What size are your blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...