Friday, September 21, 2012

Thread sale and such


Aurifil Quilting Thread 50wt Light Robbins Egg

  At Fabric.com  there is a weekend sale on threads and notions!  I am a long time customer and have always had excellent service from them.
The Aurifil 50 wt. thread is on special  $9.33  per 1300 meter spool......too good to pass up for me.  Since I raved on about this thread in my last post, I wanted to pass this sale on to all.
Shipping is free with a $35 order, and be sure to check out the clearance fabric while you visit.  And now back to our regularly scheduled post.......
   I should be finished with the quilting today on the trees quilt.  And a few more string blocks are ready to be trimmed.  I have about 2 dozen done so far....and lots more strings and strips to go.

   Kathy at Tamarack Shack  had a really good  post on quilt photography.....she always has the neatest backgrounds and great photos.  I keep saying I want better photos, but I think what I really want are interesting photo shots.  So, this weekend I hope to drag a few quilts outdoors and see what I can do with her suggestions.
Happy first day of Autumn--tomorrow ---and happy thread shopping and happy stitching.  

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I like your blocks. What size are they and are you sewing the strips to paper or muslin?
Thanks for the link about picture taking tips. She is good!

Nicki said...

I really need to venture out & try some new threads. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut & just need a little boost to get me out.

Thanks for the link to Kathy's blog. She has some terrific tips on taking pictures of quilts.

Lynne said...

Aurifil is really hard to get in Australia and international postage from USA is very high so I guess I miss out! ;-(

Dana Gaffney said...

Thanks for the link, I'm always looking for tips on quilt photography and she has some good ones.

Quilting Babcia said...

Thanks for the heads-up re Aurifil - my favorite! I'd just received a 15% coupon from Fabric.com, so this was a really great deal! Also loved the link to Tamarack Shack - great photo tips, and I'm in need of those since I always have a difficult time getting shots of the quilting motifs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...