Friday, October 25, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2013

    Welcome to the Blogger's Quilt Festival!

When I saw that the date for the Festival was so near, I got really motivated to finish this quilt up.


 
    I love simple....easy blocks that let the fabric do the work. And secondly, I love braid patterns.  So  this little design fit the bill on both counts.  The block is a simple quarter log cabin block that creates a faux braid design.    When set side by side, the design emerges as a diagonal braid.
  I first saw this layout at Vrooman's Quilts, and fell in love with it. I have a huge stash of floral fabrics so stash shopping was easy.  I used primarily medium value fabrics  to contrast with all the very light values.
  For a great tutorial on this block, visit Vrooman's Quilt.   Sharon did a super job with the tutorial.  
   





   When choosing the color for the narrow insert border, I  auditioned several colors before selecting the periwinkle color.  I loved how it made the blue colors in the floral prints pop.  
   I filled the light area with free motion feather quilting.  And wavy plumes of feathers were used in the border.  






  


 Once finished, it needed a name.  The first thing that popped into my head was that it reminded me of  scattered potpourri.. 
    So Potpourri  it is!

Potpourri  finished at 45" by 60".
Category is  Throw Quilt.  

  Enjoy the Festival, visit lots of bloggers,  and find tons of inspiration.
   Thanks to Amy and all the sponsors for making this happen.
And thanks for stopping by.
Happy stitching.

15 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Very pretty, and yes, the name is perfect!

Janet O. said...

It is so soft and inviting looking, Debbie. And I think the name is a perfect fit, too!

Janine said...

Lovely choice of fabrics. Colors are so pretty!

CitricSugar said...

Very pretty - such beautiful use of value!

Jocelyn said...

I think it's very pretty. Love the name!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just the perfect name for this and I love what you have done with the pattern - what a totally different look it makes.

Béa said...

Very beautiful quilt !

Dana Gaffney said...

You know I love this one, it's beautiful!

Impera Magna said...

Lovely quilt and the perfect name for it too! I like that the quilt looks very snuggle-able too... and on this chilly morning, I want to cuddle under it with a book and a cuppa tea.

I love floral prints like the ones you use but have none in my stash... I can see I need to remedy that... :)

Angie said...

This is just gorgeous, Debbie!

Cille said...

Lovely quilt :)

Trudi said...

Beautiful!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So beautiful... just love your choice of periwinkle!

Lynette said...

Yep - nice work on this one, Debbie :D

Lynne said...

A very appropriate name for a pretty quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...