Friday, November 1, 2013

End of the month and what NewFO?

  Sometimes things just kick you in the behind.  This month was one of them for me.  Whatever I thought I would accomplish just got pushed aside, or covered up in other things. Being gone for a week just compounded my delay in progress, and those Roman Shades that were to be so easy......ugh!
   Roman Shades.....the next time I get such a bright idea, someone please remind me to re-think my plan.  I literally spent an entire afternoon attempting to get the pieces taken apart.  Sir Old Man came to my rescue, as usual, and used some of those tools in the shop to remove the splines to get things apart.  Then there was the lining that took twice as much as I had calculated.  And the cording that took 3 times what I thought......so now you have the idea.  They still are not finished and I can not see the floor of the sewing room.  When I do get these done, I am done with home-dec stuff!


 October's two finishes are a saving grace.  Pinwheel Pot Luck is going to Habitat for Humanity.  It has been hanging around for about a year....a NewFO that finally got finished.










  Potpourri was a NewFO last month and a nice finish for October.  I had intended to use this lap quilt as a class sample.  Instead, it is going to be donated for an auction to raise funds for a girl with excessive medical expenses.


November plans:
   Make another faux braid for a class sample...NewFO.
    Clean up the sewing room floor.....finish those shades.
     Take a deep breathe and find the "quilt mojo" under all the mess.

  Don't forget the Blogger's Quilt Festival that is going on.   Potpourri is entered in the Throw Quilt category.....hint.
Linking to Cat Patches for the NewFO monthly.     Happy stitching.   

13 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Bless you - I don't think I would tackle Roman Shades. Lovely finishes for the month and I look forward to seeing a workshop with the braid.

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness. Sounds like a mess--stick to quilting! You do it so well! Both finishes are beautiful. It is so good of you to donate these quilts to good causes!
Good luck with November plans! : )

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love Roman shades and once I read the directions I knew I wasn't going to be making any. Quilting is so much more fun......

Ray and Jeanne said...

I have done Roman Shades so I feel your pain - ugh! Once you get them done, your mojo will probably return! Good Luck! ~Jeanne

Mary said...

I'm not much on home decor projects either. I enjoy quilting so much more! Hoping November is more fun for you.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

As much as I love to make things for the home, quilting is more fun--and you know just what you're in for. Always wondered about doing Roman shades....now I know to just buy 'em I guess? Yikes.

Nicki said...

Sorry you are having such a time with those Roman Shades. I love them but would never attempt to make any. You are a brave woman. Good luck with your quilt in the festival. I hope it wins top honors!

Dana Gaffney said...

Well you'll need to let us know next time you're considering DIY and then I'll try to stop you, LOL. It won't work, you're stubborn. Love, love, love both of those quilts.

Impera Magna said...

You have two wonderful finishes for October! Never mind about the Roman Shades... they'll get done eventually.

How kind of you to donate your "Potpourri" quilt to help with someone's medical expenses! I'm sure your generosity will be appreciated and the lucky winner will love it!

Sandy Panagos said...

Your finishes are beautiful. As far as I'm concerned the Romans can keep their shades! You were brave to tackle it.

Tami C said...

Your October finishes are very nice! My sister works for Habitat for Humanity in Jacksonville. So nice that you are gifting them with a quilt as well as donating one for an auction.

Barbara said...

Very pretty quilts. Love the colors.

Lynne said...

Love your "Pinwheel Potluck"; I'm sure it will be very much appreciated. I am not accomplishing much -- too much computer time and still I'm way behind with blog reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...