Monday, November 4, 2013

Practice makes perfect! And a update

Last year I participated in the Free Motion  Quilting Challenge at SewCalGal's blog.  A year of concentrated effort and my skills greatly improved.  The challenge continued this year with a more limited schedule, and I chose not to enter in.  But.....a fellow blogger did.  And look what came in the mail a week or so ago from her.

  Janet at RogueQuilter made these two beautiful doll quilts for the Mrs. Claus project.  Love the color scheme of purple and soft yellow.   And see that beautiful quilting!  Her extra year of practice has made for some kind of perfection!  

   Not only has she got those feathers  and teardrops down pat, but the loop and curl is just beautiful that she used in one of the borders.  She is a big  encouragement and inspiration to me.   Thank you, Janet.....these are the perfect finish to a great year of doll quilts.
     I am pleased / glad / happy / over-joyed to report that the Roman Shades are completely finished.  I think my little rant last week was just the motivation to get them done.  I even used the left over pieces to make simple tier curtains for the guest bathroom.  Now, no scraps of home-dec fabric to worry with....yea!!!
    As a reward, I spent a very pleasant afternoon sewing some string blocks, without a care about the stuff still on the floor.  It felt good.  Today, I did pick things up and get some order back in there.  And I am beginning to stitch together some more of those quarter log cabin blocks for a faux braid.  A brief class  and handout is in the future......so maybe you should cut some 2 1/2" strips  :)

Don't forget to vote for your favorite at the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Voting is open thru Nov. 7.

  UPDATE......The Viewer's Choice Award Category is open for voting too!  And yahoo....................... Big Grin......guess which quilt is included?  Potpourri is #24 and I'm asking for votes if you like it ...click  here.   Scroll almost to the bottom of the page (just before the comments) .  Vote by clicking in the corner on the heart.   

Happy stitching.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

The quilts are beautiful! What a great way to practice FMQ.

Mary said...

Oh, those are so pretty! Congrats on getting a dreaded project behind you. Now, on to fun sewing.

Janet O. said...

You are far too kind, Debbie. They were fun to do. : )
So do we get to see the Roman Shades?

Dana Gaffney said...

Congrats on finishing those shades, now on to fun stuff. The FMQ on the doll quilts is gorgeous.

Dana Gaffney said...

My iPad wouldn't let me write more, so I came back to wish you luck in the Blogger's Festival ;).

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Glad the shades are done. I put my vote in for you!

Lynne said...

Those doll quilts are adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...