Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Caught Up!

    So what was Sir Old Man's reaction when I showed him this quilt today?  An approving nod....no.    A critical look...no.   He simply asked, "You are not giving this one away, are you?"   I think he likes it, and it will make a nice throw to cover those cute knees of his!
 


  You saw the vine that fills the light area.  I put feathers in the corner sections of the border, and then used swirls to fill in the other sections of the border.  A simple wavy line anchors the batik portion of the braid....that helps it to really pop.   Who says you have to use the same motif everywhere?  :)




    I really love this Faux Braid pattern. I used 20 blocks with a 5 inch border. The  finished size is 50" by 60".
 Click here for the tutorial that I did.
Click here for the original tutorial from Sharon at Vroomans Quilts.  
Once again, thank you, Sharon for sharing this.



   So I am caught up!   No stack of quilts to quilt, only one project on the design wall (see the photo), and I have working plans for the trunk show in the fall.   I have 20 blocks completed for the Scrappy Trips, and about 20 more cut.
    And plans in the works.......I am pulling out 5 inch squares and 1 1/2" strips.  Anything goes in and I am hoping to make a dent in the pre-cut bins on my shelf.   But we all know....those scraps/accumulations tend to multiply faster than we can sew.
Happy stitching.

7 comments:

Terri said...

No UFOs? OMG! I'll bet you are the only quilter in Blogland without UFOs.
Love this quilt. I'd consider that the highest praise your husband can give out... and I can see why. I wouldn't want to give that one away, either. It's beautiful!
This last one on the design wall is beautiful, too. Hope to see more of it.
Congratulations on clearing out your studio, Good work!
Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can't believe there is no pile - wow, that deserves a gold star for sure! This just turned out gorgeous (laughed at the cute knees) and it should be a keeper Thank you for taking faux braid to another level - and for sharing that leaf/vine motif with us, too.

Mary said...

Caught up...two words I don't get to use very often. Way to go!

Janet O. said...

I am in awe of you being all caught up! You and my Mom are the only two quilters I know who can say that!! *LOL*
Love the Faux Braid. Quilting is lovely, and I like the piecing in the border--very clever.
Sounds like your DH likes it--I giggled when I read the part about his cute knees. : )

Dana Gaffney said...

Well first of all, you've never said anything about Sir Old Man having cute knees, I feel like you've been holding out on us. The quilt is gorgeous and I really like the different styles of FMQ, they compliment each other beautifully. I'm glad to hear you're all caught up, you must have been really going full tilt.

Rosa said...

Congratulations,that`s great.Those quilt are just fantastic.The first one is my best fav.Have a fun day!!

Nicki said...

I can see why your DH with the cute knees wants to keep that quilt. It's absolutely gorgeous. Just beautiful FM quilting all over it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...