Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Finds

   From this week's pins. Please visit these blogs to see the complete post and details.  I am sure they would love some company!

IMG_2011
From Chasing Cottons
 Pop Flower Coasters......a little smaller version of a mug rug..... I found this at Chasing Cottons blog.  She has a good tutorial for construction and the pattern pieces are there too.   I love the op-art style flowers---they remind me of the 60's style art.  Wouldn't they be cute for a border, on a tote bag, or even for a table runner?




must try this technique: A Guide to Board Basting | RIght Sides Together
From Right Sides Together blog

  I have not tried this yet...but I am thinking I need to find some long boards.  I may need to "shop" for them in the workshop.

Board Basting from Right Sides Together
   This technique allows you to pin baste/spray baste / thread baste your quilt top while comfortably sitting at the kitchen table by using long boards for rolling your quilt.   There is a detailed tutorial on this technique, as well as the original by Sharon Schamber.  I thought this handy guide that she provided was worth a mention.






Quilt labels



  Labels----printable and a tutorial.  I use computer printed labels for my quilts with graphics from a greeting card program.  So when I spotted this freebie, I thought it would be a good idea to share them.   There is a good tutorial on printing them.  You can  edit the pdf  with your personal info for printing, or just print and write on them with a pen.

  If you find a really great "pin", send it to me.  Thanks, and happy stitching.

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Debbie, and thanks for the postings today. I've subscribed to the video so that I can look at it later when I have more time. Please let us know if you raid the hubb's workshop and try this out. Hope you have a wonderful and productive week-end with whatever you choose to do. lv2bquilting2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coasters and yes, I can see a cute runner with these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...